Whenever you are in mood for something light, healthy but still delicious this chicken, avocado and orange salad might be one of the best options. This is by far one of the best chicken salads ever.
Really love the add of oranges here. The textures combine so well. The soft avocado in combination with crunchy almonds, crispy salad, sweet orange and grilled chicken makes such a wonderful comforting dish. The dressing made with orange juice, Dijon mustard and honey is genial.
I didn’t expect that much from this avocado and chicken salad, but it was beyond my expectations. I ate it all by myself and didn’t share it with anybody after finishing the photo shoot:) I highly recommend it. It is nutritious, healthy and amazingly tasty.
Avocado and Pea Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe slightly adapted after taste.com
- Makes 1 large serving or 2 smaller ones
- 1 orange
- 8 small lettuce leaves , washed and dried
- 2 (150 g) chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 large avocado, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper or your favorite spices. Brush with some olive oil. Preheat your grill pan over medium-high heat until it’s very hot. Place the fillets on the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Roughly chop the lettuce leaves and place in a serving plate.
- Peel and segment the orange. Juice another half of orange for the dressing.
- Cut the avocado and chicken in slices.
- Arrange the oranges, avocado and chicken slices over the lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl prepare the dressing whisking the orange juice with mustard, oil and honey. Drizzle over the salad and serve.