Sweet potatoes make for a delicious and nutritious addition to any Buddha Bowl. Cook them up in the microwave in no time and save the leftovers to transform into another meal later in the week.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach simple and easy ways to prepare vegetables. We will teach you how to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave and what to do if you wan to add a little bit more flavor. Just follow “Method 2” and “Method 3.” Add sweet potato cubes into any Buddha Bowl for a sweet and homey flavor.
Cooking Sweet Potatoes in the Microwave is Great Because…
- Yummy Buddha Bowl add-in!
- It is the fastest and most simple way to cook a sweet potato
- Clean up is fast, with only one or two dishes
- Sweet potatoes are healthy and delicious
- No need to wait for the oven to heat up
- Preparation only takes a few seconds
- 1 sweet potato
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to Make a Sweet Potato in the Microwave – Step by Step
- Use a fork to poke many holes in sweet potato
2. Microwave for about 7 minutes (time may vary depending on size of sweet potato)
3. Remove from microwave, poke with a fork to check if it’s cooked through (almost cooked through, but still some raw parts in this potato)
4. If sweet potato is still raw, rotate and continue to microwave in 1 minute intervals
5. Check with a fork again to see if sweet potato is cooked through (now that’s cooked all the way through!)
6. Use a knife to cube sweet potato and season with salt and pepper.
How to Add Flavor to Sweet Potato
Heat up a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Cube sweet potatoes and toss into pan to cook until slightly browned. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
After removing from heat, add a squeeze of lemon juice and a garnish with an herb like rosemary or cilantro.
Learn how to cook sweet potato cubes in the microwave for a quick and tatsy Buddha Bowl add-in. Read the other methods above to add even more flavor to your sweet potato cubes!
salt and pepper to taste
Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potato and place in a microwave safe dish.
Microwave on high for about 7 minutes (time may vary depending on size of sweet potato)
Remove from microwave and poke with a fork to check if it’s cooked through. If sweet potato is still raw, rotate and continue to microwave in 1 minute intervals until cooked through.
Use a knife to cube sweet potato and season with salt and pepper.
If you have tried making sweet potato cubes in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!