Sauteed Mushrooms is one of the best and quick ways to cook mushrooms. Sauteed with onion they get a wonderful flavor. Adding some wine too, makes them totally irresistible. The flavors blend so well and sauteing gets them such a beautiful brown color.
The best part is that sauteing takes only few minutes to prepare, and you can have a delicious meal in a very short time. You can find so many ways to serve them with. Serve them for breakfast alongside some fresh salad end eggs, or for lunch and dinner on top of your favorite meat or vegetables. They go so well with pasta or rice too. They even can be served by themselves alongside some fresh crusty bread. Any way you choose to serve them everybody will love these mushrooms. They are totally addictive and people will ask for more.
The best way to clean mushrooms before cooking is to wipe them with a damp towel or a mushroom brush to remove any dirt. You can also rinse them, but have to do that quickly and mushrooms need to be dried immediately. If you let them too much under the water they will soak too much water. Mushrooms are like little sponges, so if you want your sauteing to get nice and brown make sure you dry them quick after rinsing.
If you are planning to saute more mushrooms use a bigger skillet so the mushrooms have space to saute either wise they will get too much water and steam.
Try it out, these sauteed mushrooms with caremelized onion are such a comforting dish, you will love it, I am sure of that.
Penne with Mushroom Bolognese
- Makes about 2-3 servings
- 3 cups (300 g) baby button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley
- Clean baby mushrooms with a damp towel, cut the ends if necessary. If you use bigger mushrooms cut them in halves, quarters, or slices.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook with the onion for about 8-10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine and cook until wine evaporates, maybe another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Serve immediately.