Watch the video for this recipe:
This is a recipe we make pretty often for breakfast. Lately it has been one of my favorite ways of preparing eggs.
Adding seeds to eggs is a great way of giving seeds to kids, especially sesame or flax seeds which are harder to be accepted by themselves. My daughters really love eggs prepared this way. I always feel so good after they eat, as I know they had a good healthy meal. I usually like to add seeds in salads, breads, crackers, anything that might work in and bring more nutrients to their meal.
I didn’t add seeds in scrambled eggs just because they are healthy, I really love as they give a wonderful taste and texture. If you didn’t try by now you should definitely try at least once to see how delicious it is. The melting Mozzarella is a great addition as well, I mean, is there a time when cheese isn’t a good addition?
You can serve these scrambled egg alongside crispy bacon slices, toast bread, any salad you prefer, it is wonderful. By far one of the most delicious and nutritious breakfasts you can get 🙂
- Makes about 2 servings
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 oz (100g) Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 bacon slices
- toast bread
- fresh chives
- Place sunflower seeds and salt into a hot dry skillet, on medium heat and let them toast stirring from time to time so they don’t burn.
- Add sesame seeds and flax seeds and give them a stir. Immediately add butter and let it melt.
- Add Mozzarella slices and stir to combine.
- Add whole eggs and gently stir and cook until slightly underdone. Remove from heat. The eggs will continue to cook in the hot skillet. Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with toast bread, bacon slices, greens, whatever works better for you. Bread and bacon can be made before preparing the eggs.
- To prepare the bacon simply add the bacon slices to a skillet on medium heat. When they start to curl turn them to cook on the other side. Keep flipping and turning the bacon so that it cooks evenly to desired crispness. Transfer on a paper towel to drain.