Watch the video for this recipe:
Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and everybody is searching for the best ideas for this special dinner. For all those who consider a whole turkey might be too much this roasted turkey breast might be a wonderful solution. It is really easy to prepare, takes no more than 10 minutes to make the marinade, and once roasted you will have a wonderful looking roasted turkey, moist and flavorful.
Love this marinade, as it allows the roasting of the turkey breast without the skin, and it still remains moist and delicious. Not to mention that is healthier this way as well. The use of mustard is definitely a winner for me and will use it in many marinades for either chicken or turkey.
This roasted turkey is suitable not only for holiday tables but for any other day as it is quick, and can be used in various recipes for the next days either for sandwiches, or use it for enchiladas, salads and so on.
Recipe slighted adapted after foodnetwork
1 hr 10 mins
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds turkey breast, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp dried herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, bay leaves, your choice)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Additional Ingredients for Drippings gravy, optional
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Rinse the turkey well and pat it dry.
- Place all the marinade ingredients, mustard, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper, garlic, smoked paprika and olive oil, into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub the mixture all over the turkey. Refrigerate to marinate overnight, if possible, or leave at least 1 hr before roasting.
- Place the turkey breast into a baking pan, or baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to one hour, until the thermometer reaches 170F (77C).
- Let it stand for a couple of minutes and slice to serve.
- Prepare the gravy if desired. After removing the turkey to a serving platter, place the pan to the stove on medium heat. Add the flour. Stir to combine. Add the stock, stir and let it cook until thickened and smooth.