There aren’t very many recipes that can boast “2 ingredients” and taste better than fall off the bone Tender Baby Back Ribs, smothered in sweet, sticky Thai chili sauce. Which, by the way, isn’t really all that spicy despite the name.
What you’ll learn in this recipe
- Only 2 ingredients needed (plus salt and pepper)
- Ultra tender – fall off the bone – ribs.
- 10 minutes hands-on, the rest of the time is in the oven.
- Sweet, sticky with a touch of chili – delicious!
- Perfect for game day.
- Baby back ribs
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make tender baby back ribs
This technique can be used with ANY type of barbeque sauce. If you want, you can also use a dry rub instead of the salt and pepper.
- Remove the backside membrane, if needed.
- Season the ribs with salt, pepper or your favorite dry-rub.
- Roast in oven for 4 hours at 275F.
- Smother your favorite bbq sauce or my favorite, sticky sweet Asian chile sauce (which is not spicy). Broil 3-5 minutes until nicely browned on top.
To feed 4 hungry people, start with about 5 pounds of baby back ribs. The recipe is exactly the same, no matter how many ribs you have. The amount throw in another rack if you’ve got more people.
Turn the rib over to the underside — see that layer of white membrane covering the ribs? You’ll want to remove that – it’s tough and stringy.
*Note: some baby back ribs come with the membrane already removed. Ask your butcher!
Take a butter knife, wedge it just underneath the membrane to loosen.
Pull the membrane up and off the bone.
Once you’ve got a section off, use your fingers to remove the rest – just peel it off.
See how thick and tough that membrane is? Removing this will make your ribs infinitely better. Sometimes this membrane is really thick (like mine) and sometimes it’s really thin and a little more difficult to remove. Try to get as much as you can.
Place all the ribs in a roasting pan, it doesn’t matter if they overlap. Season with salt on both sides.
Pepper on both sides.
If they overlap, I like to layer them like this.
Cover with double-thickness of tin foil. Bake at 275F for 4 hours or so.
After 4-ish hours, they’ll look like this:
Use a spatula to move them to a baking sheet.
Brush on the sweet chili sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce all over the ribs.
Be generous! Brush on a lot.
Now move your oven rack to the top 1/3 of the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Keep a good watch on ’em! Don’t let them burn.
And that’s it! Baby Back Ribs with Sweet Chili Sauce.
What’s The Best Sauce For Ribs?
Here’s an Asian sweet chili sauce that’s sweet, sticky and not spicy at all. Mae Ploy is my favorite brand. Really, you can use any type of BBQ sauce, thick teriyaki sauce that you want. No need to stick to sweet chili sauce (but please, try it just once!).
Top Tips For These Tender Baby Back Ribs
- Remove the membrane before cooking, for super tender ribs.
- Double up on the recipe if you have more guests.
- When it comes to sauces, choose whatever you like, but sweet chili works so well!
- Once the sauce is on the ribs, keep an eye on them, so the sauce doesn’t burn.
Check Out These Other Delicious Rib Recipes
Have you tried these tender baby back ribs? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
4 hrs 5 mins
4 hrs 5 mins
There aren’t very many recipes that can boast “2 ingredients” and taste better than fall off the bone Tender Baby Back Ribs, smothered in sweet, sticky Thai chili sauce. Which by the way, isn’t really all that spicy despite the name.
Course: Appetizer, Main Course
Keyword: baby back ribs, sweet chili ribs, tender ribs
Servings: 6 people
Calories: 577 kcal
- 5 pounds baby back ribs
- salt & pepper or your favorite pork dry rub
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 275F. On the underside of the rib, remove the thin membrane and discard. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the ribs in a roasting pan, cover with double thickness of tin foil.
Roast for 4 hours or so. Discard foil. Use a wide, flat spatula to carefully lift the ribs onto a baking sheet. Spread the sweet chili sauce generously over the ribs.
Place oven rack near the top of the oven. Turn broiler on and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes, or until the sweet chili sauce begins to caramelize. Make sure you don’t burn the sauce, so keep a close eye on the ribs.
Tender Baby Back Ribs
Amount Per Serving
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 14g88%
Vitamin A 52IU1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.